BARCELONA, Spain (October 8, 2018) – Nissan’s all-new infotainment system with significantly enhanced functionality is now available in the Qashqai crossover.
New NissanConnect is an all-new advanced infotainment system which further enhances the relationship between driver and vehicle. The benefit for customers is seamless and intuitive integration of their smartphone with the vehicle, plus the ability to download Over The Air (OTA) map and software updates. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are included as standard on all grades except entry level Visia.
Users are encouraged to download an all-new app – called Door to Door Navigation – to their smartphone. This unlocks enhanced functionality, such as planning a route before they leave their home or office on their phone. Once complete, they can send the destination directly to the car to start route guidance the moment they’re behind the wheel.
New NissanConnect also features TomTom Premium Traffic, which provides highly accurate real-time traffic data to optimise travel time.
Access to New NissanConnect is via a seven-inch touch-screen head unit integrated centrally into the dashboard. It’s the same size as before, though now has fewer hard keys and a new multi-touch capability. The system’s new features include:
- Single line search: this new functionality in the navigation system speeds up and simplifies the process of finding a location
- Personalisation: the homescreen is fully customisable via ‘drag and drop’ functionality so users can set up short cuts for regular tasks
- Voice recognition: accessed through the revised steering wheel buttons, making phone calls, having messages read out and controlling music can all be carried out by voice command
- Apple Carplay and Android Auto: standard on Acenta, N-Connecta, Tekna and Tekna+ grades of the Nissan Qashqai
- 3D Maps: standard for improved clarity, plus multi-touch capability to zoom in and out for enhanced detail or a wider view
- Find My Car: the parking point can be logged as users flip the navigation back to their smartphone to walk to their final destination
- Premium Traffic powered by TomTom: accurate real-time traffic information provides on-the-go rerouting to minimise journey time. This service is free for five years, and transferrable to second and subsequent owners
- Door to Door Navigation app: Available from the Apple Store or Google Play, the customer downloads this to their smartphone to access the full functionality of New NissanConnect.
- Plan a trip before leaving / send destination to car: In conjunction with the Door to Door Navigation app, user can identify their destination on their smartphone when at home or in the office then send it to their Qashqai. Route guidance will begin as soon as they start the vehicle
- OTA software and map updates: customers can download these at their convenience via wifi or their smartphone’s data package
The instrument cluster display – located between the two dials directly in front of the driver – has also been redesigned to show additional information when receiving phone calls or SMS text messages. It also displays turn-by-turn route guidance.
Notes for editors
Apple CarPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc. Android Auto is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
For reasons outside of Nissan’s control, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are not available in all European countries. When they are available they will be supported by New NissanConnect units.
ABOUT NISSAN IN EUROPE
Nissan has one of the most comprehensive European presences of any overseas manufacturer, employing more than 17,000 staff across locally-based design, research & development, manufacturing, logistics and sales & marketing operations. Last year Nissan plants in the UK, Spain and Russia produced more than 640,000 vehicles including award-winning crossovers, commercial vehicles and the Nissan LEAF, the world’s most popular electric vehicle. Nissan’s Intelligent Mobility vision is designed to guide Nissan’s product and technology pipeline and this 360 degree approach to the future of mobility will anchor critical company decisions around how cars are powered, how cars are driven, and how cars integrate into society. Nissan is positioned to become the most desirable Asian brand in Europe.